AnnChuangCrafts

AnnChuangCrafts

2016-06-17

believe - Guest Designer at A Vintage Journey



Hi everyone,
I am so excited and honoured to be asked by the team at AVJ once again  to do a Guest design piece for their latest challenge hosted by the very talented Astrid who gave us a fabulous theme 'Texture and Embossing paste'. 



The theme gave my the opportunity to create a textured ATC Canvas for my wall. Below is a description of how I went about it.


I started by covering my canvas with a thin layer of white heavy gesso, scraped on with a palette knife. Let it dry. 



It's time for texture paste! My favorite way to add texture. The paste was used with the Prima ELEMENTALS stencil. I also added the conner with a thick layer of texture paste, which made it very easy to stamp into as you can see at the bottom right.

Next I gave it all a layer of colour. I used Distress Stain and Distress Paint and played around until I was happy with the result. I also added some background stamping.


Finally, I started to make the ATCs. I used White embossing powder to add the texture and then using Color Burst to add some colors. Cutting it into four pieces.



And here is the finished ATCs. I glued four layers gray card behind the ATC to add the dimention.


I hope you like my little inspiration for this month theme.
Thanks so much for stopping by & have a nice day!
Until Next Time,
Hugs & Love,


Ann





Supplies:






Proud to enter my project into the following challenges:
          

          


16 則留言:

  1. Ann, congratulations on another fabulous guest post/project! The quad of ATCs on your canvas is an amazing look. Each one is just beautiful, as is your background. Fabulous work! Hugs, Autumn

    回覆刪除
  2. Ann your project for AVJ is beautiful and creative. I love how you brought together the masterboard and cut it into four, then embellished each piece masterly to create wonderful ATCs. They look superb mounted together and I imagine they look perfect hanging on the wall. Thank you for being a regular contributor to our AVJ challenges and sharing your talent with us. Have a great weekend xxx

    回覆刪除
  3. Beautiful masterpiece :)

    回覆刪除
  4. Love your atc, it has lots of great elements and texture
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...
    Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    Creative Artiste Challenge Blog
    creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com

    回覆刪除
  5. Wow, love all the work that has gone into getting all the texture
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
    Debbie Dt

    回覆刪除
  6. love the color combo - thanks for sharing your fabulous project at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge - we hope to see you again soon

    回覆刪除
  7. I love this Ann, you've done an awesome job!

    回覆刪除
  8. Wow beautiful artwork! Thanks so much for joining us at We love to Create this time
    Claire xx

    回覆刪除
  9. Ann, Amazing!! LOVE this!! The colors are perfect and I love the texture of the paste in the background. Love it! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge's 2nd Anniversary!!

    回覆刪除
  10. Very cool project!! Thanks so much for joining us this month at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge for our 2nd Anniversary Celebration!!

    回覆刪除
  11. Such a beautiful project! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    回覆刪除
  12. What a stunning project Ann, the texture is fabulous and the brilliant colours of your ATC's just leap off of the page! Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey and sharing your wonderful canvas! Deb xo

    回覆刪除
  13. Brilliant work you've done here, So glad you joined in at Creative Artiste challenge Janet DT x

    回覆刪除
  14. What an amazing canvas - you have inspired me to use these techniques to create my own! I look forward to seeing more of your amazing creations over at the STAMPlorations Challenges in the coming months. (But PLEASE remember to add our Challenge logo to you blog posts to be elligible for the prizes.)

    回覆刪除
  15. Brilliant!!! Awesome work. Thank you for joining the STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday Challenge! xx Susanne.

    回覆刪除

Thanks so much for stopping !